The name Evangel means “Good News” and that is what you will hear if you come to visit us. This “Good News” is the message that Jesus cares for you. In a world which at times can seem so negative and uncaring we all need to hear the positive message of God’s love.
One of our sayings at Evangel Pentecostal Church is
“Come As You Are!”
We say this because we’ve been blessed by God’s grace here, and are eager to share that grace with others. So, if you were to visit Evangel Pentecostal Church, you’d encounter people from all walks of life including others in the same boat as you, visiting us for the first time.
Evangel is a friendly environment where we desire to grow together. We welcome you to join us this Sunday morning at 10:30am. We have something for everyone in your family. You probably have a few questions that we would like to answer to help you better understand the kind of church we are:
- What will the Sunday morning church service be like? Our services start Sunday morning at 10:30am and end around noon. The services are contemporary in approach with a strong emphasis on biblical preaching and a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- What is the worship music style? We have balanced music style that blends both contemporary and traditional selections. We have several worship leaders and a full worship band.
- Is there a program for my children? Our Sunday School program runs from early September to June and our classes range from Nursery to Junior High.
- Is there a midweek program for my teens? Evangel has a strong and active youth ministry. Profound Youth Ministry is lead by our Associate Pastor Jonathan Curtz and his team. They meet Thursday nights at 7:00 and are involved in a variety of activities in our church and at other venues.
- What should I wear? Our church is a casual environment and this is reflected in how people dress from suits and ties to jeans and t-shirts.